Meet Nigerian singer, fashion designer, visual artist and songwriter, Di’ja aka Aphrodija, our woman crush for the week!
- The beautiful Mavin Records artiste was born Hadiza Salma Blell, on the 14th of August in Kaduna, Nigeria.
- From a young age, Hadiza committed herself to academia and successfully attained a double degree in Psychology and Biology before pursuing what she knew as her destiny – Entertainment.
- Her first single “Rock Steady” was released in 2009 and it led to her nomination for Best Urban/R&B Single at the 2009 Canadian Radio Music Awards.
- Her first official single under Mavin Records was released on February 14, 2014, the same date as her signing into the record label.
The song, titled “Yaro”, has an up-tempo infusing Hausa and Krio dialects (representing her Nigerian and Sierra Leonean roots).
- Di’ja is one of few Nigerian celebrities who chose not to flaunt her private life on social media.
She was married for years, and even had a baby before revealing parts of her family.
In March 2018, she announced the birth of her second child, a beautiful baby girl.
NOW, DO YOU SEE WHY WE LOVE THIS AFRO QUEEN?
COMMENT YOUR FAVORITE DI’JA SONG BELOW!