It’s been six years since the short-termed tenure of the Late Musa Yar’Adua as the president of our dear country, Nigeria. This article, suggests impressive achievements in Nigeria’s economy, security, politics and rule of law, under the rule of Late Musa Yar’Adua.
- Price of Petrol in Nigeria; Late President Musa was the first president to ever reduce the price of petrol in Nigeria- from N75 to N70 and later from N70 to N65. Even after this shift, the economy maintained equilibrium.
- He curbed the first Boko Haram uprising and facilitated the capture of the Leader, Mohammed Yusuf .
- President Umaru Musa Yar’adua was really the first Nigerian President to be educated to the point of earning a doctorate. We can say that made him more diplomatic and smart in leading his team.
- Even though he was terminally ill, he still succeeded in finding a solution to the Niger Delta Crisis.
- He was the first Governor to have ever declared his assets publicly and still remains the only president in Nigerian history to declare his assets publicly.
- President Musa Yar’Adua successfully tried to reverse the sale of the National refineries.
- He reconciled the Rule of Law, even when members of his political party were involved; Osunbor lost in Edo and was removed, even Andy Uba lost in court and was removed as Anambra state’s Governor.
His Excellency, President Musa Yar’Adua was indeed a Great Man who, despite his sickness, lead this country courageously.
Leave a comment if you agree or think otherwise.