Laying your edges can literally bring your hairstyle back to life and save it -You just need to know the right way to do it! Laying your edges not only give spice to your hairstyle, it also preserves your baby hairs from falling off due to strenuous hairstyles. So the next time you go to your hairstylist’s, ensure to remind them to leave out your baby hairs.
Have you ever tried to lay your edges and they just won’t stay down? Yes? Then, Follow these steps to get neat and sleek edges.
- Edge control or Beeswax
- Spoolie Brush or Toothbrush
- Water in a spray bottle
- Head scarf
- Spray your baby hairs with water to make sure they are damp. This will help your edge control look less flaky and glide into your scalp easily. Avoid using hair gel because it has the tendency to eat up your baby hairs.
- Use the toothcomb to comb them out gently so that they are not lumpy and can lay flat.
- Invest in a spoolie brush or a tooth brush specifically for this purpose. Use either to brush over a generous amount of edge control or gradually apply over your baby hairs. Be careful not to use all the amount at once because it could give a “plastered” effect. You want your baby hairs to still look like hairs and not rubber. Before it dries off, you can style the edges into different curves and swirls that suit your face shape.
- Take the head scarf and tie it over your edges tying the knot behind or anywhere away from the edges. Leave it to rest between 10-15 minutes.
- Take off the head scarf gently and watch your edges slay!
VOILA! It’s not rocket science so, have fun!