Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu is the All Pogressives Congress (APC) gubernatorial candidate contesting amongst other individuals from different parties for the position of the Lagos state governor, with his biggest opposition being the People’s Democratic Party candidate, Olujimi Kolawole Agbaje.
Sanwo-olu’s political campaign strategy has featured a wide range of online and offline publicity coverage across the expanse of Lagos State. This has brought him a lot of media and social media attention in the last few months.
The politician, who was formerly unknown to the general public, has become a household name whenever the topic of the forthcoming elections is brought up.
Selecting a leader is a task that should be done with maximum sincerity and trust in the candidate. However, seeing as you can’t trust an individual you do not know, here are five things you should know about Babajide Sanwo-olu.
- Sanwo-olu graduated from the University of Lagos with a B.Sc and an MBA in Surveying.
- He is a renowned banker in the Nigerian banking and finance industry.
- He is an associate member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM)
- He has been active in Lagos political activities since 2003 when he served as special adviser to then Deputy governor, Femi Pedro.
- Babajide Sanwo-olu was the commissioner for establishments, training and pensions during Babatunde Raji Fashola’s tenure from 2007 till 2015.
Let us know your opinion about these forthcoming elections in the comments section below.