Meet our Woman Crush Wednesday, Simisola Ogunleye Kosoko.
Simi is a multi-talented Nigerian artiste and beautiful vocalist.
Her sonorous voice and dynamic music have led to her collaboration with great acts and a blooming music career!
In no particular order, check out these 7 Amazing facts about Simi!
- Simi whose real name is Simisola Bolatito Ogunleye, is a Nigerian singer, song writer, vocalist and record producer born on April 19, 1988 in Surulere, Lagos, Nigeria.
2. She originally hails from Ondo state and she is the last born (only girl) in a family of four children.
3. She had her primary and secondary education in Lagos state and obtained her Bachelor’s degree in Mass communication from Covenant University in Ogun state.
4. Simi started singing at a very tender age as a choir member.
5. Simi whose genre of music is R&B, Afropop, soul and alternative, began music professionally in 2008 as a gospel artist when she released her album titled “Ogaju”, produced by Samklef.
6. Simi rose to fame in 2014, after the release of her single “Tiff” which gained massive airplay with accompanying visuals directed by Josh.
7. On January 9, 2019 Simi got married to former YBNL artiste, Adekunle Gold. Early, this year the couple released a beautiful song “Promise”.
We love a determined, consistent, talented Queen!
We celebrate Simisola!!